Blogger Widgets

Monday, December 10, 2012

Music Saved me

            Last night I was thinking about how music has saved my life. Most of you are probably thinking right now, "saved her life, you have got to be kidding". Well it is true it has saved my life from complete awkwardness, which in the long run, has saved me from emotional distress. Yes I am exaggerating, but I am sure that people have been through the same situation. So here it goes!

            One day I was in the mall and I felt like riding the huge glass elevator! Of course when you go to the door of the elevator, you cannot see if anybody is in it! So I push the button and patiently wait for the doors to open. As soon as they open I see that there is a man just standing there. What was I suppose to do? I didn't want to ride the elevator anymore, but I didn't want to just walk away! So here I am, between an open door with an awkward situation awaiting me, and my conscience telling me to just get in the elevator! Of course I didn't want to let me conscience down, so I walked in the elevator. With my back pressed as close to the glass as I could get it, I was not in the elevator to enjoy the view anymore!  That ride was the longest I have ever taken! He once even got the nerve to glance my way! It was like an awkward stare took place between us!
HIM!Me
Except ours didn't have smiles
Like this!

            The one thing that saved him and I from an even more awkward conversation, was the holiday music echoing throughout the mall. He started to tap his foot to it, as I started to look around. Finally arriving on our floor, he left and I followed. That Awkward situation was over! YAY! Thank you music! If it wasn't for music, I would have been pressured into saying hello and starting an unwanted awkward conversation. Don't take me wrong, I am a friendly person, but not that day. I just wanted to ride the glass elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment