Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Music Therapy (:

Last night I was laying in my bed thinking when I got this theory that I just had to share. Always when I am laying in bed, I have music going on Pandora. Pandora just randonly pops up songs that catagorize in your chosen genre. My chosen genre last night was country. So here I was, laying on my back staring at the ceiling. Every time a new song started to play, a new thought process was formed. Then I realized, with every song a certain memory tags along with it. Most songs I had no idea what they were, but by listening to the lyrics I had a flashback. So in a way, songs are theraputic.
Have you ever just sat there and actually listened to the lyrics to a song? Maybe you should try it more often. They may strike you harder than you think. For example, there was a song that came on last night that reminded me of when I used to work in my dads old wood shop. I would prance around picking up scrap wood and nailing it together to try and make something unique. The song wasn't about building something with your dad. In fact it was actually about cheating on your girlfriend. The only reason it brought back that memory was because I was in the shop when I heard this song first. It was refreshing to remember that memory because I don't have that oppurtunity to do that any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment